FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Sunday, April 11, 2004

where have you gone, joe dimagio...

So it's been a while, sue me. I have lots to talk about though. First, I have a job. I love it. My boss is awesome, funny...AND BRITISH. What else can you ask for. I've been there for a little over a week. I know its not long, and a new thing like this is always fun, but i have a good feeling about this job. I mean, I am getting a psuedo promotion. As I understand it, I'm going to learn how to run all the shipping stuff we do. I say psuedo because a)I dont get any money, and b) I dont really move "up" at all. But Dayne says this is where you get promoted from. Now, many people are going to say that its just because im friends with the boss. I thought about that right away, and asked Dayne straight out. He said 30% is that. In my mind that makes sense, because Im trying really hard at this job, which is evident from the gallons of sweat that come pouring from me every day. oh well.

Next thing. The "love" front. So i recently realized that i like someone. I really hate that there is no mature way to really say that. It sounds so Dundee and Willow...i mean 7th grade. But I digress...There are a couple of issues though. Well, maybe only one. She is my BEST FRIEND's ex-girlfriend. thats not the real issue, because we talked about it, and he's ok with it. I know hes not BSing either. The problem comes from an incident last wednesday.

Steve, this girl(who we will call "Melissa"), and myself went to kafein. We were listening to the radio, because that is what you do in the car. There has been a little awkwardness between Steve and Melissa, but nothing they cant handle. Well on the radio, a Melissa Ethridge song comes on. Steve, for whatever reason, can not stand her. Melissa on the other hand, can. So steve goes to change the station, and Melissa, being playful, puts it back. This ensues for a while, and ends with steve "smacking" her hand. I put quotes around that because it was more than a smack, but not quite a hit. Well, for obvious reasons, this upset Melissa. there was very little talking from there to the restaurant, at the restaurant, and on the way home. So now, basically, she doesnt want to be around steve. I know steve wouldnt have a problem with me hanging out with melissa, so thats not the problem. But 1)I have no wheels. 2) Can I really try to enter into a relationship where my girlfriend won't hang out with my best friend(not saying the not hanging out is permanent, but who knows). I need advice. I think Dawn is the only one who reads this, but if anyone else does, please let me know what you think. Otherwise, I could go completely crazy. Wait, arent I there already?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home